Domain name registration refers to the process by which a company or individual can secure a website domain through the process of registration. It identifies your online appearance on URL based on the IP address. Domain registration will be registered for a period of contract, usually one year, five years or ten years. However, before the registration gets expired, it must be renewed or the domain will be available for the public.
Domain name extensions are categorized into generic top-level domain (gTLD) which is solely used for the purpose for the registration of domains used by businesses.
- .com – Commercial purpose.
- .org – Non-profit organizations.
- .net – Network infrastructures, but unrestricted.
- .edu –Educational institutions.
- .biz – Registered for the purpose of business domain extensions.
- .info – Informational sites, but unrestricted